1. PGI 33 is adapted to the North Central, East Central, and Moderately Winterhardy Intermountain areas
of the U.S. and is intended for use in the North Central, East Central, and Moderately Winterhardy
Intermountain areas of the U.S., Canada, and Europe. PGI 33 has been tested in Wisconsin, Kentucky,
2. Maturity of PGI 33 is one day earlier than StarFire. Leaf markings are present on 58% of the plants.
3. Seed increase of PGI 33 is on a limited generation basis with two generations each of breeder,
foundation, and certified seed classes. Breeder (Syn.1 or Syn.2), foundation (Syn.2 or Syn.3), and
certified (Syn.3 or Syn.4) classes will be recognized. Production of Syn.2 breeder or Syn.3 foundation
seed requires consent of the breeder. Breeder seed (Syn.1) was produced under cage isolation near
Woodland, CA in 2001. Sufficient foundation seed for the projected life of the variety will be maintained
by Cal/West Seeds. Stands of foundation and certified seed fields are limited to 3 years.
4. Certified seed of PGI 33 will be available in 2006.
5. No decision has been made regarding Plant Variety Protection.
6. This information can be forwarded to the PVP office.
7. Variety Name: PGI 33 Date submitted November 30, 2005
Experimental designations: CW 10002