2. This variety is adapted to North Central, East Central and Great Plains regions. This variety has been tested in Wisconsin, Nebraska and Indiana and is intended for use in the North Central, East Central and Great Plains regions.
3. Test variety is Moderately Fall Dormant, similar to FD4 checks. Test variety is Very Winterhardy, similar to WS2 checks. Flower color (Syn2) is 98% purple, 2% variegated with a trace of yellow, white and cream.
4. Test variety has high resistance to anthracnose (Race
1), bacterial wilt, Fusarium wilt, Verticillium wilt, Phytophthora root rot and
Aphanomyces root rot (Race 1); with resistance to spotted alfalfa aphid,
root-knot nematode (M. hapla) and pea aphid. Reaction to blue alfalfa aphid and
stem nematode has not been tested.
6. Certified seed will be marketed in 2003.
7. No decision has been made concerning Plant Variety Protection Act.
8. The information in this application may not be forwarded to the PVP office.
9. Variety Name: Date Submitted: November 1, 2000
Experimental designations: FG 4M74