1. CW 9810 is adapted to the North Central and Moderately Winterhardy Intermountain areas of the U.S. and is intended for use in the North Central, East Central, and Moderately Winterhardy Intermountain areas of the U.S., Canada, and Europe. CW 9810 has been tested in Wisconsin and California.
2. Maturity of CW 9810 is two days later than Marathon. Leaf markings are present on 51 % of the plants.
3. Seed increase of CW 9810 is on a limited generation basis with one generation of breeder and two generations of the foundation and certified seed classes. Breeder (Syn.l), foundation (Syn.2 or Syn.3), and certified (Syn.3 or Syn.4) classes will be recognized. Production of Syn.3 foundation seed requires consent of the breeder. Breeder seed was produced under open isolation near Woodland, CA in 1998. Sufficient foundation seed for the projected life of the variety will be maintained by Cal/West Seeds. Stands of foundation and certified seed fields are limited to 3 years.
4. Certified seed of CW 9810 will be available in 2003.
5. No decision has been made regarding Plant Variety Protection.
6. This information can be forwarded to the PVP office.
7. Variety Name: Date submitted November30, 2002
Experimental designations: CW 9810