1. 6325 was selected for resistance to the following pests: bacterial wilt, Fusarium wilt, Verticillium wilt, Phytophthora root rot, anthracnose (race 1), Aphanomyces (races I and 2) and potato leafhopper. Phenotypic recurrent selection was used. Final selections were made from 2 - 3 year old space plant selection nurseries in Iowa and Wisconsin based on yield, winter survival, fall dormancy, leaf diseases and potato leafhopper stunting and yellowing. Breeder seed was produced in 1999 near Nampa, Idaho on approximately 25 cuttings of each clone transplanted at random and harvested in bulk.
2. 6325 is adapted to the North Central and East Central Regions of the U.S.. It is intended for use in the North Central and East Central Regions of the U.S. It has been tested in Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois.
3. The fall dormancy of 6325 is similar to the FD 3 check. Flower color of syn 2 generation is approximately 46% purple, 43% variegated, 5% cream, 3% yellow and 3% white.
4. 6325 has high resistance to bacterial wilt, Verticillium wilt, Fusarium wilt, Phytophthora root rot, anthracnose (race 1), Aphanomyces root rot (race 1), resistance to pea aphid and Aphanomyces root rot (race 2). It has not been tested for reaction to stem nematode, root knot nematode, spotted alfalfa aphid and blue alfalfa aphid.
5. Seed increase is limited to one generation each of breeder (syn 1), foundation (syn 2) and certified (syn 3) seed classes. Certified seed (syn 2 or 3) may be produced from either breeder or foundation classes. A 1, 3 and 6 year stand life is permitted on fields producing breeder, foundation and certified seed classes respectively. Foundation seed production is limited to the Pacific Northwest. Breeder seed was produced in 1999. ABI will maintain sufficient seed stocks for the life of the variety.
6. Certified seed will be available in 2003.
7. Plant Variety Protection will not be applied for.
8. This information can be forwarded to the PVP office.
9. Variety Name: 6325 Date submitted November 21,2002
Experimental designations: ZH 9932H
*Results should be reported as: Test variety is , similar to the FD check. Test variety is , similar to the WS check.